{Vegan} Anniversary Dinner With NEW Youtube Video

9:28 AM

Hey FiT VeGaNs!!!

Hows it going??

My computer crapped out on me {refuses to turn on...} so I couldn't upload any new videos for a while until FINALLY just now I was able to use my parent's computer to upload like three of them.

This one was filmed a couple weeks ago for my parent's 30th anniversary.  I thought it would be fun to cook them a vegan meal luckily they were into it and it worked out kinda perfectly.

Unfortunately, the filming wasn't perfect and I forgot to show the salad, but oh well it was so easy it's fine.

So here's the video and below are the recipes for the salad, main dish, and dessert and a little review of what I thought! Thanks for reading and watching!! :)


Salad Boats
Not my picture

  • Romaine Lettuce or other lettuce leaves that can be used as "boats" 
  • Tomatoes
  • Pepper
  • Cucumber
  • Homemade Dressing
    • 2 Tbs Tahini
    • 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
    • 2 Tbs Water
    • 1 Small Garlic Clove
    • Salt and Pepper to taste
--> So quick and easy to make, just chop all the veggies up and scoop them into the lettuce boats.  Drizzle with the dressing and try NOT to swallow 'em whole!  Super tasty!


Butternut Squash Pasta

I found this recipe on Cookie and Kate
Also pretty quick to make.  I used gluten free corn and quinoa pasta cause that's what I had on hand and it worked really well.  I felt like the puree was a little too sweet so I added some tamari and that helped.  I also added some white beans for a bit ore protein {upon my dad''s request.}  This has a wonderfully creamy, velvety consistency.  Really good.

Chocolate Pudding

My mom was the one who found this recipe.  She stumbled upon it while she was watching The Jazzy Vegetarian {go mom!} and had been begging me ever since to make it.
I would recommend making this at least 4 hours in advanced to give it enough time to set up in the fridge.  Also, if you want to make the coconut whipped cream, make sure you refrigerate the can of FULL FAT coconut milk for 24 hours.

*Instead of chocolate chips, I used vegan rice milk chocolate bars and I'm SO HAPPY I did!*

Whipped Topping
  • The fat from the can of coconut milk
  • Sugar to taste
  • Vanilla extract to taste
-->Chill a metal bowl and hand/electric mixer utensils then scoop the fat from the top of the can {it will solidify ontop. DO NOT SHAKE THE CAN} into the chilled bowl and mix on medium speed until it starts to form little mountains.  Add the sugar {I used about 1/4 cup of powdered sugar} and vanilla and mix for a bit more until you have the desired consistency.  Then grab spoon and scoop some of that godly nectar into your mouth. mhmm!!  This pudding was the perfect amount of chocolatey.  It has a bunch of good fats and it WAY better for you than those crappy pudding snack cups!


ENJOY <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images